- Christmas trees
- Three slices of bread of your own choice
- One red pepper
- Cream cheese
- One spring onion
- Toast the bread, remove the crust and cut each slice into the shape of a Christmas tree.
- Cut the pepper as well as the spring onion into small pieces. They will later on serve as Christmas baubles and branches of the fir tree.
- Coat the bread slices with cream cheese, and proceed with adding the spring onions diagonally. Lastly, sprinkle the “tree” with red pepper.
- Don’t forget to put a piece of red (or even yellow) pepper on top of the Christmas tree!
- Santa crackers
- Ritz crackers
- Sundried tomatoes
- Cream cheese
- Use the Manchego cheese to cut out beards, moustaches and the pom pom of the Santa hats as shown on the picture.
- Squeeze out the oil of the sun dried tomatoes and cut them into half.
- Put some cream cheese on two ends of the crackers
- Use one half of the sundried tomato as the Santa hat on one end of the cracker and cut out cheese beard on the other end.
- Add a tiny dot of cream cheese onto each currant. Attach it as Santa eyes to the cracker.
- Use cream cheese as a glue to apply the moustache and the pom pom to Santa’s hat – et voilà!
- Egg Snowman
- 6 large hard-boiled and peeled eggs
- 6 small hard-boiled and peeled eggs
- 1 peeled carrot
- 6 wooden toothpicks
- Cut off top and bottom of the eggs.
- Start at its thick end and cut 6 thin slices off the carrot, then do the same starting at the small end. Use the carrot’s leftovers to cut out 6 tiny triangles making the snowman’s nose. A glimpse on the picture attached will help for clarity… J
- Put one large and one small egg on top of each other and stick a toothpick through both. Leave some room to slip on “the hat” of the snowman – being first a large and then a small carrot slice.
- Use another toothpick to engrave holes as the foundation for the snowman’s eyes, nose and buttons.
- Fill each hole with one peppercorn and add a small shaped triangle of carrot as the nose.
- As finishing touch, give the snowman arms by sticking parsley into its side. Now they are ready to be served!
Last but not least, let’s not forget the sweets! Might ask for some self-control – but hey, they are simply too yummy! 😉
- Mr Strawberry Santa
- A bunch of strawberries (as many as you like)
- 1 cup whipped cream
- Chocolate sprinkles
- 1 Toothpick
- Cut off the leafy end of each strawberry
- Cut off the tip of the strawberries to use them as a hat later on.
- Place 1 to 2 tsps. of whipped cream on top of each strawberry bottom.
- Pop on a dot of whipped cream on top of Santa’s hat.
- Stick two chocolate sprinkles in Santa’s “whipped cream face” for the eyes.
- Draw two small buttons on Santa’s jacket by putting a bit of whipped cream on a toothpick.
- Done! Sit back, relax, and enjoy. Bon appétit!
Have a lovely X-mas dinner!